Questions about Deepwater riding

General Discussion about Cooper Creek {Deepwater}

Moderator: Administration

ddrummond11
Parking Lot Cruiser
Parking Lot Cruiser

Questions about Deepwater riding

Post by ddrummond11 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am

Been a while since I've riden there. Just got my Brute Force 650i 4x4 front end rebuilt. I'd like to come down this weekend on Saturday. I have heard through the rumor mill that the Rangers are really getting strict. Checking registration is the only thing I hear that concerns me. My bike is legit and legaly registered. But my two buddies that want to come with me dont have registration on their bikes. I don't on a couple of my other bikes either. Has anyone actually ran into this and been fined and not allowed to ride? It's a decent drive to be turned away.

Also I hope my Brute will fit through the gates. It's 50 1/2" wide due to the oversize tires.

Thanks for any info provided. Look forward to some mud and riding my bike this weekend. It's been down for a while. I had to replace: front diff. spider gears, clutch basket, center case, axles, and gasket. Installed new skids to protect cv boots and entire undercarriage. Also added a new winch as I burnt the first one up on the first outing.
07 Brute Force 650i
02 Raptor 660
01 Raptor 660 w/ 05 ZX10R motor

mojavemark
Mud Slinging Fool
Mud Slinging Fool

Re: Questions about Deepwater riding

Post by mojavemark » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 am

Sorry for the slow reply, been having problems with my DSL modem. Any ways, enough about me.

As far as the Rangers go, I do know that they are enforcing the rules, such as helmuts and such, but I've never seen them check for registrations and stuff. Not sure what to say as to wether or not they are now.

Your Brute will fit through the gates. Legally 50 inches is the limit, but I don't think they will measure it an "kick you out" for half an inch. Unofficially what I have heard is that if an ATV will fit through the gates, its good to go.

Just wondering, what did ya do to have to what sounds like replace your entire front drive line? Don't sound good.
Web Master, among other stuff Mid Missouri Mudslingers
Doing what I can with what I got.
2000 Mojave--Ricochet skidplates, Kenda Klaws XCRs on ITP rims, DG grab bar
CWR 280cc kit, CWR ported/polished head, 380 lift cams, Jardine exhuast
2005 Polaris Trail Boss {wife's}
2006 Polaris Pheonix {step son's}

ddrummond11
Parking Lot Cruiser
Parking Lot Cruiser

Re: Questions about Deepwater riding

Post by ddrummond11 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:28 pm

I ended up going down for a couple hours today. No hassles and the bike squeezed through the gates. I'd say you could get something 52" wide through there but it would be tight. The clutch cable broke on the guy's bike I was riding with so that ended our ride.

The first real ride in the mud the new winch broke by my fault. Wound it all up on one side and didn't realize it. Burned it up. Then my buddy got stuck and I went around to pull him out. I chose the wrong hole to go through and buried it. 4wd quit in front completely. It had been popping when in 4wd all ready. I think the previous owner had it on it's last leg in the front end. The boots on both axles where missing the clamps. They were messed up as well. Then I noticed some teeth missing off a part in the inside. So I pulled the front diff and found all the destruction. It has some real aggresive 27" tires and the previous owner had a 2" lift on it. That was removed before I bought it. The lift along with riding it hard in 4wd with the big tires probably didn't help it. Works great now. I got stuck in a deep hole and just hit the front diff. locker, worked the bike side to side, and backed it out. :mrgreen:
07 Brute Force 650i
02 Raptor 660
01 Raptor 660 w/ 05 ZX10R motor