November 14th, 2009

Let everone know when you plan to ride down at Deepwater, or try to plan a group ride.

Moderator: Administration

Lamps3
Mud Slinger
Mud Slinger

November 14th, 2009

Post by Lamps3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Planning on riding on Saturday if the weather holds up! Probably be there around 10am, 11 am at the lates.

Rickey
2007 Raptor 350, "Dad"
2006 Grizzly 660, "Princess"
2005 Polaris Phoenix 200, "Young Man"

Lamps3
Mud Slinger
Mud Slinger

Re: November 14th, 2009

Post by Lamps3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 am

We went and had a great time. Rode about 4 hrs, and only left then because we were cold and hungry. Next time we ride on a chilly day, we will plan ahead and take coffee, cocoa, hoodies, and FOOD. We weren't sure how long we would want to ride this time, but the trails were wide open because the foliage has died off, and we found trails we had never even seen before. Got some good speed up. Had to turn around a couple of times because Truman Lake (and all of the mini-lakes) are up, and over some of the lakeshore trails, but the dam to the strips is not even close to being covered. The puddles aren't too bad, either, just mud for the most part, the rest of the ground was dry. We all got stuck or high centered at least once (Rickey a few times), even the Grizzly found a Deepwater Sleeper Puddle (MUCH deeper than it looks!) out by the little lake by the brickyard. Met a nice guy on an Arctic Cat 650 from Pittsburg, Ks. He rides Colorado frequently, and we talked about that. Now we want to go more than ever! Also met a father and son up from Pomme de Terre Lake. They said that they are cracking down on riding around the lake on the gravel roads and trails there, so they come up to ride their Yamaha 225 dirtbikes. Not a whole lot of trucks in the parking lot, but a nice day of riding for all who came. We got about halfway down, all loaded up, and realized it was hunting season. Talked to a couple of older guys on quads when we got there about it, they had only seen 2 hunters and their truck on the SE corner by the road, and they had told them that they were not allowed to be hunting there. The hunters said they were "just resting". No other issues, great time riding. Reg got some more practice on the Raptor back at the strip, he is working on getting the shifting down on it. Still likes his bike best, though. It gets stuck less than the others. The lil' waterbug just skims over. :P
Happy Trails,
The Lampheres
2007 Raptor 350, "Dad"
2006 Grizzly 660, "Princess"
2005 Polaris Phoenix 200, "Young Man"

mojavemark
Mud Slinging Fool
Mud Slinging Fool

Post by mojavemark » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Lamps3 wrote: even the Grizzly found a Deepwater Sleeper Puddle (MUCH deeper than it looks!) out by the little lake by the brickyard.
The Lampheres
I think we have a new term, sleeper puddle. :lol: :lol: :lol: There are a few of them down there. I know I've found a few in my day. Glad ya had a good time.
Lamps3 wrote: We got about halfway down, all loaded up, and realized it was hunting season. Talked to a couple of older guys on quads when we got there about it, they had only seen 2 hunters and their truck on the SE corner by the road, and they had told them that they were not allowed to be hunting there. The hunters said they were "just resting".
The Lampheres
I'm not sure, but I think some of that land on the south side of the road is open to hunting. I'll bet if I'm wrong Shane can straiten me out on that. One thing you do have to watch for around deer season is the hunters. A few years ago Paula and I found a pile of deer guts on one of the trails on the south west side of the ridding area where someone had gutted the deer. I'll tell ya what, that was pleasant to look at. :evil: {At least I think they was deer guts :? }
Web Master, among other stuff Mid Missouri Mudslingers
Doing what I can with what I got.
2000 Mojave--Ricochet skidplates, Kenda Klaws XCRs on ITP rims, DG grab bar
CWR 280cc kit, CWR ported/polished head, 380 lift cams, Jardine exhuast
2005 Polaris Trail Boss {wife's}
2006 Polaris Pheonix {step son's}

sskillett

Post by sskillett » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:52 pm

south side of the riding area just on the other side of the fence is open to gun hunting just rember bullets have no boundries will be down there saturday looking for another bambi to slay :twisted:
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
2004 Honda Rancher ES 4x4